Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello Alaskans!

Better than Blazers on blocks

Yes, MatSu Valley, just a little west of Wasilla.

Default Welcome aboard!

Quote Originally Posted by suvalley View Post
    Better than Blazers on blocks

Yes, MatSu Valley, just a little west of Wasilla.

I am new to the boards as well. Been a believer in ****tingTF since High School back in the 1980s.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. - Erasmus circa 1510

I lived in Alaska from 9/93-12/97.Willow,Seward,Anchorage,Chicken were places I lived.Ak I consider my second home,and first in my Heart and soul.I miss it greatly.I'd move back from my native Florida in a heart beat if my Old Lady were not allergic to two four letter words,"Cold",and"Snow".Matt

Default Hey..You are not alone, buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska View Post
    nice to see some chime in about alaska, i was feeling a lillonely here on teh board lol
    You can always dump me a PM. May be far away, but we can swap tactics, etc.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. - Erasmus circa 1510

I'm glad to see there are a few other Alaskans on here! That's one of the reasons I decided to join this site. An others around Matsu?

Hi all - I'm not in the MatSu yet, but I'm working on it! Shopping for some land but it's a bit harder in the cold. Anchorage for 40 years, ready to move to Alaska now
    I love living here, can't imagine being anywhere else and, even after all this time, I am loving this great snow here in town.

Charlee, I live in MatSu, and am fairly well versed on lands out here, especially the central Valley area-feel free to drop me a PM if you are looking for specifics about particular areas. I have some knowledge on soils, water and weather

Charlee, If you're looking for something in particulaer out in the Willow area I'd be glad to keep an eye out for you. Just PM me and let me know what you're looking for.

Thanks SuVally, Willowman!
    I tried to PM you both but it looks like that function wasn't working? Anyway, here's what I'm looking for, appreciate any help you can give!
    40 years in Anchorage and I want out! I'd thought to look in Sutton but way too pricey for what I want. Headed the other way I don't want to go quite as far as Talkeetna, and don't want to be in Wasilla unless it's out on the edge toward the hills.
    I am, of course, looking to become as self-sufficient as possible. Water, preferably with a creek, is of top importance...I want to put in a well as well as a good septic with leach-field. Also plan on large garden and wood-lot so looking for good sun exposure. Optimally I want 5 acres, could go a bit less, a bit more and hope to get something I can put $ down and pay off in 5 years or less. I really hope to build a small house with basement myself.
    Hope that's not too much, and any assistance is much appreciated...Hope you guys had a good Christmas!
    Charlee

hello alaskan's
    i'm on echolake about 2 miles south of big lake