Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

Well we are well into 2014, & so far no posts! Here is a video that some of you may find of some interest.
    Regards to all.
    Keith.

Hi Keith

Thanks for the videos. Still getting permission from the Minister for Finance and War to get one of these.

Default Getting A Flintlock.

Quote Originally Posted by kz7 View Post
    Hi Keith

Thanks for the videos. Still getting permission from the Minister for Finance and War to get one of these.
    Chuckle Looking at the way things are going, I think it would be a wise move!
    Good luck. Contact me if you think I may be able to help in any way.
    Regards, Keith.

Not many have come up on any of the Aussie second hand sites, lots of percussion and rifled but smooth bored flintlocks are rare. Even auctions seem to have very few.

Quote Originally Posted by kz7 View Post
    Not many have come up on any of the Aussie second hand sites, lots of percussion and rifled but smooth bored flintlocks are rare. Even auctions seem to have very few.
    Reproduction percussions with a drum & nipple can easily be converted to flintlock.

This is an original with a snail drum attached to the barrel. The only way to convert this one is to cut off the end of the breech with the drum on it, & re tap the barrel & fit a flintlock breech plug.

This is a drum & nipple which is simply screwed into the side of the barrel. This can be taken out, & a vent liner screwed in to replace it. Then you just add a flint lock & you are done.

Here is a vent liner.
    Brands of gun that make both percussions & flintlocks are the easiest to convert, because both guns are the same except for the lock, which means you can purchase their flint lock & it will fit straight on.
    If I can be of any assistance, please contact me.
    Regards, Keith.

I was going to post an update, but by the looks of things there are not many Aussies here.
    Keith.

You should post up anyways. It's always interesting to hear from folks in totally different AO's and what's cooking there.

Joe - NY