Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

Hi everyone,

I live near Sydney. I am a new prepper, and found this site after it was mentioned on Life After the Oil Crash.

Cheers.

Default Questions and Answers.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiMa View Post
    Hi everyone,

I live near Sydney. I am a new prepper, and found this site after it was mentioned on Life After the Oil Crash.

Cheers.
    Welcome IndiMa. If you have any questions, please ask them, it is questions and answers that keep this forum going.
    Last edited by Le Loup; 04-20-2017 at 02:32 AM.

Thanks, LL, I will!

Here's one:

I am starting to investigate the legalities and practicalities of having a gun here. My situation (for now and the foreseeable future) means that we will be bugging in rather than out. I live in the suburbs and have three children depending on me to keep them fed and safe.

If you have any suggestions or comments on Australian (NSW) gun laws, I would love to hear them.

Thanks, LL, I will!

Here's one:

I am starting to investigate the legalities and practicalities of having a gun here. My situation (for now and the foreseeable future) means that we will be bugging in rather than out. I live in the suburbs and have three children depending on me to keep them fed and safe.

If you have any suggestions or comments on Australian (NSW) gun laws, I would love to hear them.
    There are two ways in which the average person can own a gun. Basically you have to have a good reason for owning a gun. This can be gun club membership where you shoot on a range, or you have permission to shoot/hunt on a property (permission in writing from land owner). The third one is if you are a land owner yourself, which I am, but this is not the average person. If you are talking hand gun, then you need pistol club membership.
    There is another way. Antique guns made before 1900ad do not require a licence or registration in NSW providing they are not going to be used. Copies of antique guns can be owned and used if you are a member of a living history group or a historical reenactment club/association (like ours the New England Colonial living History group http://eighteenthcenturylivinghistory.freeforums.org/or the Australasian Living History Federation - ALHF -).
    Do not underestimate the usefulness of a muzzle-loading gun. My flintlock fusil is my number one choice for long term wilderness survival. Percussion guns are easier to use but need little caps for the ignition, a more modern form than the flintlock. If you need more info just ask.
    Regards.
    Last edited by Le Loup; 04-20-2017 at 02:35 AM.

Hello everyone, im New to this forum, and new to prepping, im currently 16 and live in the illawarra region of NSW, i found this website after searching for a forum dedicated to SHTF stuff, i am surprised by how friendly everybody is

Default AHN on net group for gun licence.

Thanks, LL, I will!

Here's one:

Information on our group forum at:http://eighteenthcenturylivinghistory.freeforums.org/
    Last edited by Le Loup; 04-20-2017 at 02:36 AM.

Default Welcome Cold Void

Quote Originally Posted by Cold void344 View Post
    Hello everyone, im New to this forum, and new to prepping, im currently 16 and live in the illawarra region of NSW, i found this website after searching for a forum dedicated to SHTF stuff, i am surprised by how friendly everybody is
    Welcome Cold Void. Ask questions if you have any, questions and answers are what keeps these forum alive.
    Regards.
    Last edited by Le Loup; 04-20-2017 at 03:04 AM.

Welcome Cold Void!

Do you live with your parents? Are they receptive to the idea of prepping?

Quote Originally Posted by Le Loup View Post
    Thankyou LL, I will check that out tonight.

Hi All,

I started prepping 3 months ago. I'm in Melbourne - just out of the city. Ok place to be until SHTF. So I am interested in what others are doing to prep in the city/suburbia.

Stuff I am doing is storing food/water, medical supplies, gear (radio/flashlights/stove etc), stocking seeds, learning survival skills.

In regards to weapons I don't have a gun but I have knives. Americans have it easy with guns. I am thinking of getting a compound bow (did archery as a school sport) and sling shots. I would like a gun and will look into the suggestions here but I think having weapons that don't make as much noise as a gun are also a good idea. Also I am afraid I'll accidentally shoot my own face off.

I use the following online shops to buy stuff

Seeds:
    www.diggers.com.au
    www.edenseeds.com.au (good range of grains such as wheat)

Weapons and Gear:
    http://www.downundercamping.com.au (sells sling shots and ammo amongst other goodies)
    http://www.kitbag.com.au
    http://www.legear.com.au (bulk parracord and lots of useful stuff)

Mostly I look at what they sell and only buy stuff if I cant find it cheaper on ebay.

Radio/Flashlights:
    http://www.todae.com.au/Products/campingandoutdoors/ (bought an excellent wind up and solar eton radio)

General:
    http://www.dealsdirect.com.au

From dealsdirect I bought quality air tight food containers, a cheap but quality greenhouse (I try to grow my own food so Ill have experience if I need to use the stored seeds), a PLL radio (much greater distance), 4 200L collapsible water tanks (bit flimsy and not sure how good they will be for long term storage but I will rotate regularly), and a blender for making pemmican.

I also go to shops around melbourne to look for supplies. But I work and travel a lot so online is easier. Note I am going to put all of my survival electronics in faraday cages in dry bags.

Food I just buy canned or dehydrated stuff on sale. I also have a lot of rice and flour stored in food grade air tight containers. I make pemmican and hardtack as well. First aid gear and other supplies (soap, washing powder, vitamins, wet wipes, etc) I buy in bulk from chemist wharehouse or asian shops.

I think I've become obssessed. The floods in Brisbane, and general crap weather has just made me freak out about food shortages and then I came across a lot of survival/SHTF sites. Now I am going crazy. But my sister and I and my animals could hole up in my house with no power, gas or water for months.

What are the rest of you guys in Aus doing?