Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Last resort, bug out cabin in the works (PICS!)

I started reading about your project today here on the forum and it looks great, somethings you might want to concider

1) an LP/OP near the site to be manned 24/7 when SHTF
    2) opsec, how to deal with your family and friends if they do not want to prep or such they can either A) give monies in place of time and building work you did and or buy there supplies. think what Noah had to do and how it went after it started raining. you can determin what a fair market value would be.
    3) enclose the bottom for more storage and other practical use you can find for that area.
    4) IIRC you your brother and sister inherited this place from your grandfather, then it belongs to no one else, unless they chipped in refer to #2

Great work you done, very impressed

My bugout canbin, its actually finished now, but this isthe last pic i took, i painted it sand colored to match the background, it is located on the outskirts of a huge nature preserve (middle of nowhere)

heres another one, this was taken before the other one. this cabin is 20X16 X16 ft high with a loft for under 5000$ thats me in both pics...

Looks good so far, nice work!

Awesome trooper.

I think Id replace the glass panel door with something al ittle more solid (Like wood, or wood with a steel shell) but other then that a+

Actually I think I'd fit an untooled door (no lockset or hinge notches) over the door and the same with the windows,,, the windows could be done as shutters and locked fron the inside with padlocks, but the door could be done with four high security hasps and then locked with high high end padlocks, so the entire door could be removed, even with a steel core door on. Just another layer of security for when it's not in use and no one is around. I'd also add windows so there are windows on all sides.

Kudos! Must've been fun hauling all that concrete up there!

I've got over 22 acres of woods and plan on putting a log cabin up similar to these plans...kind of a post-hunting hangout/fall back spot.

http://outlands.tripod.com/farm/logcabin.htm

Can't wait to get home and get started...

I just joined the forum, and all I can say is WOW! The effort, time and money you put into this project is remarkable. GREAT work!

I know some days you think your efforts are in vain, but keep going my friend, you are doing the right thing. I admire your courage and tenacity for doing all you have so far.

IMHO, I would send a letter to all your family members that DEMANDS either them supplying food and supplies directly OR they can send you money to "stock" the cabine. Otherwise, they cannot expect ANY food nor water if SHTF in the future and they show up. Give now or never receive. You need to be blunt about this. You need to form rules now, not when all hell is breaking loose.

Just trying to help, good luck and please keep the pictures coming...

dam city slicker if you was gonna grow pot you was to do it in the area of lots of pine trees give off the same heat hypotheticaly i think that is spelled right any way nice cabin